Skip to main content
Asked a question 5 months ago

Hello, I have 2 questions: 1) I need to upload data, that contains commas, but it is impossible, because delimiter must be comma. How to overcome that? And 2) I have uploaded csv with companies (id, name, address etc.), then I uploaded another csv with data with only two columns: same companies ids and email address. This data needs to be appended, but it not possible, because what ever I choose I get or duplicates or all first upload data is removed. I need to append extra column for the same companies. Thank you.

In NetHunt community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Hello @Ray ray42 1) this depend on the software you are using, you need to select the delimiter, here's an example from libre office 2) you can update existing records with information from a CSV file, please have a look at the guidelines here47.

Hello, I have 2 questions: 1) I need to upload data, that contains commas, but it is impossible, because delimiter must be comma. How to overcome that? And 2) I have uploaded csv with companies (id, name, address etc.), then I uploaded another csv with data with only two columns: same companies ids and email address. This data needs to be appended, but it not possible, because what ever I choose I get or duplicates or all first upload data is removed. I need to append extra column for the same companies. Thank you.